Sunday 24 August 2014

App of the Month: Smiling Mind!

I'm not one to download many applications on my iPhone. I am however reliant upon lifestyle and fitness applications that motivate me to live a positive life. I recently found the app Smiling Mind, and upon using it thought you guys would love it as much as I do!

Smiling Mind is a meditation application targeted at young people. The sole aim of the program is to inspire balance and positivity in the youth of today and bring a sense of calmness to the busy lives which many of us live. Not only can you take some time from your chaotic schedule to relax and reflect, but you can do so for no charge. 

Image via smilingmind.com.au.









I tried it for myself yesterday with the first meditation session called "Body Scan". I found it quite effective as it enabled me to unwind and de-stress. Prior to each session you complete a form about how you are feeling. Then, post- meditation you complete the same form and compare your results. I found I felt more "energised" and "connected" following the "Body Scan", so much so that I was ready to conquer the pile of homework that awaited me. 

If you are looking for some time away from the hectic nature of life, I strongly recommend this free application available in the App Store. I also suggest that if you download the program and feel strongly about the importance of meditation in society, you should consider donating to Smiling Mind which solely relies on donations to operate. Read more at smilingmind.com.au.

Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below,

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment