Thursday 25 September 2014

App of the Month: September Edition!

Hello everyone,

How are you all? Before I share my obsession with a new application I have downloaded on my iPhone, I would just like to thank you all for your positive comments on some of my previous blog posts. I love and appreciate all sorts of feedback, and I am especially grateful for the kind comments I have recently read! 

Seeing as end of year exams are approaching, I have been trying to maximise my health by exercising and eating foods that keep me feeling energised and refreshed. In a bid to do so, I decided that I would download some applications that will support my journey and recently found the Lorna Jane application. 

With four tabs: Move, Nourish, Believe and Me, the smart phone application covers all bases of emotional and physical health.

Image via
www.movenourishbelieve.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/3workoutessentials_03.jpg.














The 'Move' tab enables you to track your physical exercise. It addresses nearly all forms of exercise from walking and running, to bootcamp and yoga. I love utilising this tool as it not only measures the distance you travel while running, or your average speed, but also the calories you burn. I feel that this in itself is a source of motivation for me, as I am continuously trying to improve the speed and time of my most recent form of exercise. But it does not stop here.

The 'Nourish' tab takes you to an internet page with an array of healthy recipes. One of my favourites? The 'Cacao Digestive Bites'! What I enjoy about this device is that it provides simple yet healthy alternatives to the sweet fixes I often crave- especially late at night when I am watching Big Brother!

One of my favourite elements of this application is the 'Believe' tab. When experiencing times of stress and anxiety, the 'Believe' tab offers inspirational quotes that reinforce an atmosphere of positivity. The one on my iPhone right now says, "It's not about doing extraordinary things but doing ordinary things in an extraordinary way." To make things even better, if you need more words of wisdom, there is a refresh option!

Lastly, the "Me" tab is simply a profile that offers you the chance to fill out your weight, height, date of birth and gender to track your calories burned during exercise. Though, do not feel put off by this, the form is not compulsory to fill out, and just an option.

I can strongly say that the Lorna Jane application has supported my health journey. It supports me during physical activity, as well as during times when I need a little motivation. I thoroughly recommend this application to each and every one of you and know that it will assist your physical and emotional health significantly!

What smart phone application do you consider the best? Leave a comment to let me know or tweet me @_chelsealiz.

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment