Sunday 29 June 2014

Birthday Celebrations...

As promised, I would like to share with you some little bits and pieces about my 18th birthday celebrations. 

It all started by organising the theme of my birthday party. I chose to incorporate a Hollywood Glamour concept where all of my guests would walk the red carpet as they arrived, and take photographs in front of a backdrop; similar to the ones they have on the red carpet. The theme was successful as all of my family and friends dressed in their best formal attire. 

Another aspect of the night was the mini ice- cream cart that came to the restaurant for an hour serving all sorts of flavours of homemade ice- cream. Flavours included salted caramel, lemon, chocolate and milk chocolate.

The fact that you only turn eighteen once gave me an excuse to buy a new dress and some accessories. I ended up wearing a black Manning Cartell dress from the Chadstone boutique, as well as simplistic nude coloured pumps, and costume pearl earrings. I wore my hair to the side and curled, inspired by a hairstyle I had seen on Jennifer Hawkins. For makeup I opted for a natural approach in terms of eye- shadows to enable me to accentuate the lip area with a bright red matte lipstick.

My mum and I spent months organising and planning a night that went so quickly. I am truly sad that it's over, but have so many beautiful memories from a celebration shared with beautiful people.

Let me know what you thought of my outfit by leaving a comment below.

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment