Thursday 19 June 2014

Put Your Hands in The Air Like You Just Don't Care

In nearly one week it will be my birthday, and as you can probably guess, I am quite excited. For this reason I thought it would be interesting to create different styled blog posts daily, right up until my birthday. Let me know via twitter @_chelsealiz or leave a comment if you have any suggestions for any of this week's nightly blog posts. Remember by tweeting me, or leaving a comment, I will give you a shoutout in one of my posts. 

Upon collecting some old photographs to display on the night of my birthday, I found this photograph of me, waving my arms in the air like I just didn't care; and quite frankly, I don't think I did care. 


Taken in Ocean Grove, Victoria exactly two summers ago, this photograph embodies some of my fondest memories. You see, the photograph was chosen from many that I cherished. It was from 2012 when my family, along with two other families, stayed in a holiday house. 

There's always something beautiful about sharing a holiday experience with your closest family friends. And that was exactly what it was; beautiful. We were distracted from the consumeristic ways of the world. We would sit around the bonfire in the backyard at night, simply telling stories, and just having fun. We would eat and spend most of our time outdoors, only returning inside the house to sleep. 

While this may seem quite basic and perhaps a little boring, I can assure you it was far from it. Having no internet connection, and no access to television, encouraged us all to appreciate the alluring nature that surrounded us. We would spend hours at the beach, attempting to jump over waves and laughing as we failed. Though I had little contact with my the outer- Victorian community, I can tell you that it was the best mini- holiday I have ever experienced. 

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment