Thursday 18 December 2014

The Evolution of Youth

I was so proud to find out that my VCE Media work had been shortlisted for Top Designs. For those unfamiliar with Top Designs, it is an annual exhibition held in Victoria that showcases the best works in the state. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful in having my work accepted to be displayed next year. Yet for me, being shortlisted was an honour in itself.

The title of my work is ‘The Evolution of Youth’. It explores the very nature of young people as well as the fashion trends, attitudes and fads that have defined them over time. In the series of photographs I encapsulate teenagers from the 1920s to the 2010s, with the last photograph being a futuristic depiction of what is to come.


1920s

1930s

1940s

1950s

1960s

1960s

1970s

1980s

1980s

1990s

2000s

2000s

2010s

Future

Having worked on this SAT (school assessed task) for many months, I am so pleased with the final outcome. In their physical form, each photograph has been printed on a light glossy paper of A4 size, and mounted on foam boards.

Feel free to leave a comment below to let me know what you think of ‘The Evolution of Youth’.

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

Please note: all photographs above belong to myself, and therefore permission must be sought by me to use them.



No comments:

Post a Comment