Saturday 15 March 2014

Achieve Your Dreams!

Wow... The time has flown, especially when you consider the last time I blogged! While there are no excuses, I must admit that schooling has taken over my life, but on the bright side, it's my last year! 

I never really understood my friends, family and peers when they told me to "make the most of [my] junior years, because school will never be so easy", but I've definitely grasped that concept. You see, the pressure the final year of school puts on one is quite intense, and the work load very demanding, which leads me to my next point.

Seeing as initially I found myself completely stressed about the year ahead of me, yet have now started to adjust to the peak and trough nature of the year, I thought I would give you some advice for any school year or study you're undertaking, in order to remain on top of things!

So first thing's first; set a goal. I find that the only way I can motivate myself to write a whole practice essay when I'm already tired and grumpy from a long school day is to remind myself of the reason I want to do well- to one day be a successful journalist. Whether you want to be a doctor, electrician, architect, or are simply unsure, have a goal of some sort and I can guarantee it will inspire you!

After you've set some achievable and realistic goals (you don't want to be too harsh on yourself), it's time to organise a study routine. I find it quite useful to make myself a weekly timetable where I ensure that I balance out my study time with exercise, free time, and quality catch-ups with friends and family. On top of this, I usually write a little to-do list every day that makes my workload appear more manageable as I break it down into the time it will take me to complete it. If this doesn't work for you, another suggestion I have is to make use of the sticky notes application on Mac and Windows, having a note for every subject, and further breaking it down into the study and homework you have for each one. 

So once you have set a goal and implemented it by managing your study, you will find that things become quite routine, and studying isn't such a burden. Despite the heavy significance we place on the notion of studying, the main piece of advice I hope that you extract from this post is that you need balance in your everyday life, and while we all have goals, don't let them interfere with your physical and mental state. I always ensure that I exercise at least 4 times a week, and I particularly love jogging as I feel it releases any negative tension and stress, while also contributing to a healthier state. In conjunction with exercise, I try to maintain a healthy diet, while also living by the "everything in moderation" motto. I find that when I do eat healthier; incorporating more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into my diet, I generally feel a lot less anxious, and take a more positive approach to not only my schooling, but my life as a whole!

"Good things come to those who are willing to get up & never give up".
Image via www.erinbiggcosmetics.com.au/media/

There you have it- my advice for you all to achieve your goals. I hope this post assisted in your attitude towards your schooling, and motivates you to do your best. I hope you all know that you can achieve anything when you put your mind to it, and why not start doing so today?

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment