Monday 25 November 2013

Why Frenchy?

Hello there,


While I enjoy my free morning before I have classes, I thought I would share the meaning behind my blog name 'Frenchy'. You see, in 2009 I travelled to Paris with my family and there I found what seemed to me, the most exquisite pair of white canvas shoes with aqua ribbon laces, and hand painted with love hearts and swirls. I know what you might be thinking, but let's just remember I was younger at the time.

Following Paris we travelled to Italy in particular Sicily and there I met with my older cousins from back home which was great. One night in Sicily, my cousins and I went shopping in a town called Capo d'Orlando and to our bad luck it had just began to bucket down with rain. We continued to the jewellery shop where my cousin wanted to buy a 'dog tag' chain, and as we returned to the car I had stood in a deep, muddy puddle in my 'shoes from France', and even worse, I was wearing pink socks so the dye from them absorbed through to the white canvas and stained the shoes (I guess that was a punishment for wearing pink socks with white shoes... blame it on the young me). So my cousins stood there as I became upset and exclaimed 'my shoes from France'. Since then, my cousin Adrian has called me Frenchy, and I guess the name has stuck.

Enjoy your day,

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment