Monday 14 April 2014

High Tea at the Grand Hyatt

Seeing as my grandma goes to visit my aunty (who lives on the other side of Melbourne) every Easter, as a way of celebrating Easter earlier, mum and I took my grandma out for high tea! It has become a tradition to do this and we have visited a few venues for high tea in the past including The Langham and Crown. 

Here's to the part I assume you're all waiting for; what we ate. First up we were given a tiered stand with some savoury snacks. We were given homemade sausage rolls, bagels with mozzarella and tomato, (my favourite) chicken sandwiches, and a roll with salmon. All of these were bite size, and were quite tasty and light. 

Following this we were told to help ourselves to the dessert station which had everything any sweet tooth would dream of. Being the dessert enthusiast I am, I went a little crazy. The buffet section had everything from macaroons of every flavour (even popcorn), to cheesecake, and to waffles. The options were endless. I felt like I had won the golden ticket and visited Willy Wonka. 

Included in the package was unlimited tea and coffee. For me that meant I could enjoy a soy chai latte and some chamomile tea in the booth where we we sat that overlooked the city street. 


While I'm still full from the many rounds of dessert I enjoyed, I strongly recommend that you take advantage of the Grand Hyatt's high tea experience, and I promise you will not be disappointed. 

Did I mention there's persian fairy floss too?


Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment