Sunday 12 January 2014

The Uniqueness of Melbourne

Hey there everyone! This weekend, I had the privilege of staying in the Melbourne CBD for two nights at the Crown Promenade which was absolutely exquisite. I am truly sad that I had to leave and must say that two nights wasn't nearly enough, but I am glad I was still able to relax and immerse myself in some new scenery and explore the city of Melbourne as a tourist. 

On Friday night, my family and I went to the Pancake Parlour at Melbourne Central for dinner which was, as you can expect, delicious. I ended up getting the cheese and potato savoury pancake and thoroughly enjoyed it, but slightly envied my Mum who had the spinach and feta crepes which looked amazing! Following that, my brother and I ventured off to the hotel pool and had a swim, and to our luck there wasn't many people around so we basically had the whole pool to ourselves!

The following day my family and I went shopping and then had some lunch in one of the lane ways named Centre Square which was a very diverse experience that I truly recommend as the atmosphere that surrounds you, while you are enjoying your food, is so unique and peculiar to an extent. Following that we all had a rest at the hotel room (Mum and I watched the movie Blue Jasmine which was interesting) and then went down to the pool again, where I relaxed and finished reading Brooklyn, a book I had to read for school. For dinner we went to our favourite Chinese restaurant at the Crown Complex and then today we returned home. 

I thought I would share with you some of the photos I took in the city which I believe highlight the uniqueness of Melbourne and the diversity that is found there. I must stress though that these were taken by me and are original copies and have not been edited in any way!










Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below, and don't be afraid to suggest any ideas for future blog posts that I publish,

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment