Wednesday 11 December 2013

Enjoying the Here and Now

Good evening fellow bloggers,

How is everyone going? Today I thought I'd pose a contemplate-able question; why are we not able to enjoy things in the moment? Now, let me clarify what I mean. Why is it that when we are at a concert, at a party, or at a celebration we video every second, take a photo of every single little detail, yet fail to enjoy ourselves and live in the here and now? I find it quite strange that society has come to this. Yes, we are blessed to have technology in the sense that we have digital proof of our past, but do we really use the twenty videos we took at the One Direction concert that distracted us from watching the actual thing as we had to navigate the camera to the right angle and zoom it in correctly? 

From a personal perspective, I rarely look back on videos I take at concerts, and now I ask myself and all those like me, why do we do this? Why can't we just absorb ourselves in the current minute instead of worrying about the videos and photos? I think it's important to remember that we must make the most of our life here on earth, and that while having photographs and videos to look back on is great, I don't believe we need every minor detail of our happenings, but instead just a few snaps here and there. So the next time you're at a debutante ball, concert, celebration or any other event, try it out and simply immerse yourself in the details minus the cameras and video cameras, simply rely on yourself. 

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment