Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Best of 2013

Can you believe that today is the last day of 2013? I can't. I mean, it feels like just yesterday I was getting ready to venture off to my best friends house where we would celebrate New Year's Eve in  2012 with a pool party. It's funny to think though, how many things have changed; to think about the ups and the downs of the year, the good times and the bad, and the things that have shaped me into the person I am today. 

Seeing as this is the last day of the year, I thought I'd share with you some of my personal highlights and what made 2013 great for me:

1.  Having my debutante ball- I absolutely loved being a part of such a unique and special night where I got to dress up and feel fabulous!

2. Being a Red Cross Youth Ambassador- It was eye opening upholding the position of Youth Ambassador for blood donations in my school, and it made me realise the urgency for blood donors in today' s society which I was quite unaware of. 

3. Hosting Australia's Biggest Morning Tea- Who doesn't love some tea and scones for a good cause? I can tell you that the morning tea was a success as not only was it raising money for Cancer Council Australia, but it also enabled family and friends to enjoy their morning with lots of mingling as well as some tea and coffee, and not to mention I ended up raising over $200!

4. Family Photo Shoot- As a family, we all united for some family portraits and were also able to have individual portraits taken. I really enjoyed the experience of getting my hair and makeup done and having my outfit coordinated and re-wearing my year 10 formal dress for my individual shot.

5. Staying in the City for Easter- Spending time with my family is something I love doing, especially when we get the chance to have a break and spend time somewhere different. Staying in the city was a great experience as we had the chance to go shopping, catch a ferry to Williamstown and walk around Melbourne like tourists for a change.

I hope everyone has an safe and enjoyable new year and please don't forget to leave a comment and mention the highlights of 2013 for you.

All the best,

Chelsea Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment